Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm back, for real this time: RANDOM THOUGHTS...

As much as I would love to rant, complain, and lash out at the poor performance of the Alabama Crimson Tide in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, I find it best for my stress level to just put it behind me and instead complain about, as well as glorify, the current sports season... and talk about how mad March is going to be.

First of all, experts have said ALL season-long that Roy William's squad this year is one of the, if not THE, best Carolina team ever assembled. Well, stud-muffin freshmen Tyler Zellers has been out since the beginning of the season and true-leader Marcus Ginyard, though looks good in street clothes, is killing me while he's on the injured list. Still.. the 2005 squad played games without Rashad McCants when he had the stomach virus and without Raymond Felton when he was suspended for playing in an unsanctioned summer league. So, why exactly did we lose at home to unranked Boston College? The Wake Forrest loss didn't get to me as bad as the other loss... they were at home, they beat good teams at home. But then they go to Georgia Tech and Miami and get clipped again. But hey - Wake's a contendor.. go ahead and put them in your bracket at least going to the Sweet 16.
Two losses, both to ACC teams, ought to be a reality check for the Heels.. if not, they need to check in soon - March is almost here!

Duke got the absolute tar beaten out of them at Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, South Carolina tonight. Nothing tickles my fancy more than the look on Coach K's face after a game like that. For now, I will have sweet dreams tonight.

Alabama needs to find a new basketball coach. I cast my vote for Butler's coach or Virginia-Commonwealth's coach. Who knows.. and apparently in this town, who cares? The only sports talk that is abuzz is National Signing Day for football and how Alabama nailed the No. 1 Recruiting class for a second year in a row. But hey.. maybe they'll pull something crazy and get Auburn-alum and loudmouth Charles Barkley... then maybe he'll shut up about the racial issues that have "never-ended" in the state of Alabama. Then, Alabama's golf team who's always top-ranked can teach ole' Bark how to swing a golf club... ok, now I'm just rambling.

Speaking of National Signing Day.... Butch Davis nailed the No. 8 Recruiting class this year. Urban Meyer and his "dynasty" came in at No. 10. I call it one hell of a good day when both Alabama AND North Carolina come out ahead of Florida. I don't care what it is, I want to beat Florida in everything.

Random tid-bit: NO, TYLER HANSBROUGH is NOT engaged. This is just a huge joke he was playing on me. (The rumor hasn't been confirmed yet, so let me flatter myself for a moment, please). The rumors began to weave their way through the grapevine yesterday morning, but it's only Tyler's attempt to get my rowled up because he knows how excited he and I both are to be going to Miami for Valentine's Day... well, to play Miami... it just happens to be Valentine's Day weekend. But whatever, that is so not the point. But I promise, he know's I'll be there. Okay, maybe not yet but I'll figure out a way to let him know. And while I'm at it I'll inform him of our wedding plans.

My last random thought for this Just Jones It (College Edition), is this: Just because Kobe Bryant scored 61 points the other night it DOESN'T prove he's a better basketball player than Michael Jordan. When Michael Jordan played, basketball players actively engaged in this little thing called defense. Just because these guys these days try to one-up the Harlem Globetrotters with their unneccessary tricks doesn't mean they could fulfill the career of MJ, Larry Bird, or Dr. J day in and day out. Well, maybe they could.. but you'd have to pay them $1,000,000.00 more a year and allow sick leave for a jammed finger.
Ok, I'm done.. sorry, I just wanna be like Mike.

I promise I won't go another 2 months without writing. I'm ending in orange in hopes that Pat Summitt will get her 1,000th win next game... thanks for putting history on hold, Lady Sooners!
What is a Sooner??

1 comment:

zcrjones said...

Bai...you have just given me a day's worth of laughs! I have missed reading your ramblings about sports and lifes other important issues. I can't wait to see you in action in Miami when you figure out how to meet TH! I too am glad Bama and Carolina (the real one for all you SEC people) come out ahead of Florida. The Gatornation will have an excuse as to how that happened....
Go Heels and Roll Tide.